Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions, the terms "we", "us" and "our" are a reference to the Mental Health Professionals Network Ltd ACN 131 543 229 (MHPN).
This website is owned by MHPN and is designed to assist mental health professionals to register for and participate in MHPN’s Working Better Together Online Conference.
These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website and participation in the Working Better Together Online Conference (conference).
On registering for the conference you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
If you do not accept these terms and conditions you must not use this Website nor register for the conference.
Some terms used on the website:
- Conference – the online conference convened by MHPN that delivers professional development activities from 21 May to 6 June 2019
- Conference website – www.mhpnconference.org.au
- Interdisciplinary panel discussion – online professional development activity delivered via webinar which is broadcast over the internet.
- Chat room – an area on the microsite or webinar platform where participants can communicate with each other and conference presenters by typing messages.
- Forum – or message board, is an online discussion site where conference registrants can hold conversations in the form of posted messages.
- Network – interdisciplinary group of mental health professionals who meet face to face.
- Network Coordinator – person who has taken on the responsibility of coordinating activities for a specific network (not staff).
- Network meeting – meeting of an interdisciplinary group of mental health professionals.
Amendments to terms and conditions
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to change, modify, add or remove parts of these terms and conditions from time to time. Amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this Website. Your continued use of the Website following such notification will represent an agreement by you to be bound by the terms and conditions as amended.
Terms and conditions relating to participating in chat rooms and forum/message board
A number of the Conference’s activities will provide participants the opportunity to engage with presenters and each other via a live, online chat room, or by posting messages on a message board.
To help ensure everyone has the opportunity to gain the most from the chat rooms, we ask that all chat room participants follow these ground rules:
What to do in the chat room
- Be respectful of other participants and panellists. Behave as you would in a face-to-face activity.
- Keep your comments on topic and succinct.
- Post questions or make comment of each other or the panel to further your learning, engagement and curiosity.
What not to do in the chat room
- Use the room to market/promote yourself or your business.
- Post any requests for technical support. For help with your technical issues, click the Technical Support FAQ tab in the ‘room’ where the activity is being held. If you still require support, call the Redback Help Desk on 1800 291 863. If there is a significant issue affecting the overall delivery of the any conference activities all participants will be alerted via a message appearing on the screen, or a voiceover.
- Do not provide your feedback about the quality of the session. You will be given the opportunity to do this at the activity’s conclusion by way of an Exit Survey.
By agreeing to these ground rules you are also providing MHPN with permission to post any or all, of the chat box transcript on the conference website. Take note the section on the website where the transcript will be posted is only accessible to conference registrants and commentary will only be posted to further learning and interactivity opportunities.
Terms and conditions related to the conference website and overall registration and participation in the conference
- You acknowledge that any information or material submitted by you to or through the website will be treated by us and other persons as, non-confidential and non-proprietary and we and other persons, acting lawfully, may use such material without restriction.
- You accept that any material or information provided by you may be posted as described in Online chat rooms (see above) for us or any other persons to read and download.
- You will not post or transmit any material in which the copyright is owned by another person or entity and you warrant that all material posted is your original work and not sourced from any third party, or, if it is from a third party, you have permission from the author and a license to use the material in the manner posted or transmitted and you will credit the author and provide relevant details of the license to use the material.
- You must not adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, transmit, print, display, publish or create derivative works from any downloaded material without permission and without crediting the author of the work. In addition, you must not commercialise any information, products or services from the downloaded material without the permission of the owner of that material.
- When you submit or upload material to this website you grant to us a worldwide, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, irrevocable, transferable license to use all your copyright which subsists in such material.
- To the extent you have moral rights in any material you submit or upload to this Website you irrevocably consent to MHPN doing or omitting to do anything that, but for this consent, would constitute an infringement of those moral rights as that term is defined in Part IX of the Copyright Act 1968 (Commonwealth) and rights of a similar nature conferred by statute that exist, or may come to exist, anywhere in the world, whether such acts occur before or after the consent is given.
- You agree not to post or transmit any material or information which is 'personal information' or 'sensitive information' as those terms are defined in the Privacy Act 2001 (Commonwealth) or which could otherwise identify a third party, without that party's consent.
- You agree not to post or transmit any material or information which is misleading or deceptive, offensive, defamatory, obscene, unlawful, vulgar, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing or ethnically objectionable.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person.
- You agree not to post or transmit any unsolicited advertising or promotional materials; without the express permission of MHPN via email: email@example.com
- Any material which you post to this Website may be removed by us without notice at any time.
- You will not post any material that contains viruses or other computer codes, files or programs which are designed to limit or destroy the functionality of other computer software or hardware.
- If you download any material from the Website you acknowledge that we are not liable to you for any loss or damage, however caused, arising from the downloading or subsequent use of the downloaded material.
- You acknowledge that the Website will be monitored for inappropriate content by MHPN. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove material that you post to the Website without reference to you.
All information provided by us pursuant to these terms and conditions is provided in good faith. You accept that any information provided by us is general information and is not in the nature of advice. We derive our information from sources which we believe to be accurate and up to date as at the date of publication.
We nevertheless reserve the right to update this information at any time. In addition, we do not make any representations or warranties that the information we provide is reliable, accurate or complete or that your access to that information will be uninterrupted, timely or secure.
We are not liable for any loss resulting from any action taken or reliance made by you on any information or material posted by us.
You should make your own inquiries and judgment and seek independent advice from relevant industry professionals before acting or relying on any information or material which is made available to you pursuant to our information service.
You agree to use our information service provided to you or information provided by another person for lawful purposes only.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for any information or material which you submit while participating in the live chat room, nor do we accept any liability or responsibility for any use or misuse which you or any other person makes of information or material which you submit to the Website.
We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the accuracy or content of any material posted on this Website or during the conference.
We do not warrant that we or another person will respond to questions or comments submitted by you to the Website or via any conference communication channel.
We do not warrant that any material you submit to the Website or any conference activity will be protected against loss, misuse or alteration by third parties. We do not warrant that we will post your information or material on the Website or as part of any conference activity. If we elect in our sole discretion to post your information or material on the Website or during a conference activity, we do not warrant that the material or information you submit will be posted within a certain time frame.
We do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this website or any linked website, nor do we accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this Website or during any conference activity.
Where legislation implies any condition or warranty, and that legislation prohibits us from excluding or modifying the application of, or our liability under, any such condition or warranty, that condition or warranty will be deemed included but our liability will be limited for a breach of that condition or warranty to one or more of the following:
(a) if the breach relates to goods, (i) the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods, (ii) the repair of such goods, (iii) the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods or (iv) the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; and (b) if the breach relates to services, (i) the supplying of the services again or (ii) the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
You must ensure that your access to this Website or a conference activity is not illegal or prohibited by laws which apply to you.
You must take your own precautions to ensure that the process which you employ for accessing this Website or conference activities do not expose you to the risk of viruses, malicious computer code or other forms of interference which may damage your own computer system.
For the removal of doubt, we do not accept responsibility for any interference or damage to your own computer system which arises in connection with your use of this Website, any linked Website or participation in any conference activity.
We do not accept liability for any losses arising directly or indirectly from a failure to provide the discussion forum facility, corruption to or loss of data, errors or interruptions, any suspension or discontinuance of the service, any transmissions by other persons in contravention of the persons' obligations as set out in these terms and conditions or any content transmitted by a non-person.
Copyright in this Website (including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings and software) is owned or licensed by us. Other than for the purposes of, and subject to the conditions prescribed under the Copyright Act 1968 (Commonwealth) and similar legislation which applies in your location, and except as expressly authorised by these terms and conditions, you may not in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this Website; or
- commercialise any information, products or services obtained from any part of this Website or participation in conference activities, without our written permission.
Except where otherwise specified, any word or device to which is attached the ™ or ® symbol is a registered trademark.
If you use any of our trademarks in reference to our activities, products or services, you must include a statement attributing that trade mark to us. You must not use any of our trademarks:
- in or as the whole or part of your own trademarks;
- in connection with activities, products or services which are not ours;
- in a manner which may be confusing, misleading or deceptive; or;
- in a manner that disparages us or our information, products or services (including this Website).
Unless we agree otherwise in writing, you are provided with access to this Website only for your personal use. You must not use any material on this Website on any other web site or networked computer environment.
You are authorised to print a copy of any information contained on this Website for your personal use, unless such printing is expressly prohibited. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not, without our written permission:
- use any material on this website on any other website or networked computer environment; or
- on-sell information obtained from this website.
This Website may contain links to other websites ("linked websites"). Those links are provided for convenience only and may not remain current or be maintained.
We are not responsible for the content or privacy practices associated with linked web sites. Our links with other web sites should not be construed as an endorsement, approval or recommendation by us of the owners or operators of those linked web sites, or of any information, graphics, materials, products or services referred to or contained on those linked web sites, unless and to the extent stipulated to the contrary.
We use "cookies" which enable us to monitor traffic patterns and to serve you more efficiently if you revisit the site. A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie and this will provide you with an opportunity to either accept or reject it in each instance.
Security of information
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst we strive to protect such information, we do not warrant and cannot ensure the security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
Termination of access
Access to this website may be terminated at any time by us without notice. Our disclaimer will nevertheless survive any such termination.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in Commonwealth of Australia. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Victoria.
We accept no liability for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control. If we waive any rights available to us under these terms and conditions on one occasion, this does not mean that those rights will automatically be waived on any other occasion. If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.